BWC Seasonal Employment
June – August 2023
The Belleisle Watershed Coalition is looking for motivated and environmentally inclined candidates to fill 2- 4 seasonal Environmental Technician positions. The technicians will assist with providing technical support to the BWC’s field and office-based projects including water quality monitoring and research, aquatic assessment, fisheries and wildlife and community outreach projects.
These positions require a candidate with initiative to work with minimal supervision. Candidates should have a preference for work outside in all weather conditions, with good communication and interpersonal skills and safety awareness is a must. Candidates who are enrolled or completed a university/college programs in biology or environmental science requisite. This is a seasonal fulltime position (35 hours per week) for 10-12 weeks commencing in early June; Salary Range $15.00 to $16.00/hour depending on funding.
Candidates will have the following characteristics:
•Pursuit/Completion of a University/College Degree in Biology or Environmental Science;
• Aquatic, environmental or fisheries experience;
• Ability to communicate orally with community members and stakeholders;
• Report writing and documenting skills;
• Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail;
• Proficient with Microsoft Office, ArcGIS, statistical software Excel, SPSS or R and social media tools;
• Valid standard first aid certification;
• Class 5 New Brunswick Drivers License, and;
• Own personal transportation to Belleisle and field sites. Asset Qualifications:
• Water quality sampling training;
• CABIN Training• Electro-fishing certification;
• Stream restoration training, and;
• Pleasure craft operators license and experience with boats.
Applications will be accepted until 11:59pm ADST on March 31st, 2023. For more information or to submit a cover letter and resume highlighting qualifications and interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.